dynamis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynamis

dynastar linkshell

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Recruitment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rule
Admin

New Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: New Recruitment   New Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Last nights run was horrid. I'm tired of shouting for members. not the shouting itself just the lack of quality players you get from shouts. From now on people will have to apply. Generally i find when people have to sit down and apply to something before they do it, it means they arn't going to go once and never come back.

Let me know what you think as this effects us all.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

New Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruitment   New Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:13 pm

This is something to discuss on the shell at large as well. Having to apply is a biggish step - especially dependant on how stringent requirements will be. We may be big enough to take that leap, but let me suggest some of the changes I'd recommend to go with it:

1) Updated Website
These forums suit our current purposes fine, but I would recommend polishing them up a little: more custom graphics, updating all the topic / page titles to match / be about Dynastar, creating a new forum for applications and one for rules and schedule-related posts, etc. Which leads me to my next topic...

2) Rules
If we're accepting apps like The Big Kids, we should get an updated ruleset in an easy-to-find location. Should include both what we expect out of our members (attendance, preparedness, things to definitely not do, and the like). It should also include whatever revised lotting rules we've come up with. Last night we experimented with reserves and it didn't seem to cause too much strife, but we should probably have a more codified system. Whether that means going all the way to points or just based on attendance or something we'll have to continue discussing. Which leads me to my last thought...

3) Loyalty System
This goes hand-in-hand with the new Rules post. I reckon if we make people sign up and expect them to attend regularly we probably ought to figure out some sort of loyalty system to reward frequent attendees. Whether this means points or reserves or gil or what I'm not sure.

All in all I'm not opposed to some sort of app / QC process to get started with Dynastar. We're a pretty succesful shell right now. My biggest concern would be not having enough members for the bigger runs - without the infusion of rare/new members last night we would not have been able to cut through mobs nearly as well. Any other thoughts from the audience?
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

New Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruitment   New Recruitment Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

i don't have admin access to these forums or else it would have been done months ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Recruitment   New Recruitment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Recruitment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
dynamis :: Dynamis :: General-
Jump to: