dynamis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynamis

dynastar linkshell

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attendance test

Go down 
+2
Rule
Kisuke
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 pm

No, we do not formally require or take attendance, but I thought I'd Officially take a stab at keeping track of people this month. Keeping everything in a spreadsheet with information manually transposed from parser results so could get goofy, bear with me. Until I think of something better, I'll post the number of runs folks have been to, starting 06/01/2010. Trying a funky new sorting scheme (most attendance followed by alphabetical). Still have all data on xls.

Denilson 15
Rule 15
Xexion 15
Bunny 14.5
Kisuke 14.5
Bernier 14
Doucion 14
Refried 14
Sheighlant 14
Aerowyn 13
Donikka 13
Ehrenjohn 13
Slanter 13
Lloydofpudding 12.5
Choma 12
Senmaru 12
Hydroillusion 8
Mcjr 8
Poman 7
Arabella 6
Doodee 6
Cobrazzz 4.5
Alexjpchoi 4
Koolaidohyeah 4
Muffet 4
Neryura 4
Royalsky 4
Tsuful 4
Frenesc 3
Giott 3
Jandal 3
Minna 3
Pikachuu 3
Revelation 3
Spiriious 3
Starbreeze 3
Zardok 3
Rabyt 2.5
Blackmagewonder 2
Brcsucks 2
Deeper 2
Defiledskickness 2
Exodianecross 2
Hellishmagus 2
Horn 2
Ixander 2
Loathsomesword 2
Mykoto 2
Nanjirou 2
Phoenyks 2
Pocketpanda 2
Quiick 2
Redx 2
University 2
Zaskar 2

Omitted all members who have attended just one run with us and left. Can add these back in if you want, or if they attend further runs they'll get bumped into the higher categories.

Last edited by Kisuke on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated 7/26)
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 am

thanks alot, lets see where this takes us ^^
Back to top Go down
Cutestuffies

Cutestuffies

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:10 am

Rule wrote:
thanks alot, lets see where this takes us ^^

Take screenshots at the beginning of the event and you'll have people who were there Smile that's how i do attendance.

hope it's going well! I'm in the library Sad
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 am

I don't use the unofficial Windower and FRAPS doesn't seem to care for FFXI, so I'm not capable of taking screenshots of the member list or chatlog =/ maybe someone else does. In the meantime, updatin' from last night!
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 am

you should still be able to print screen and paste to paint or something
Back to top Go down
Cutestuffies

Cutestuffies

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:22 pm

I don't use the unofficial windower or anything either. I use the ffxi windower that comes with PoL. I use print screen and paste into onto a word document. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Interesting! I will definitely try it. I thought it wouldn't take because Printscreen doesn't get along with directx for taking movie screencaps.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 am

Updated 06/14! Two quirks I didn't know what to do with - Nizzu showed up just for the megaboss. Do they get credit for coming? Also, I don't see "Spiritmage" on the damage, recovery, or casting parse anywhere but they are listed under player info. Is that someone's automaton? Or just someone that chatted on the shell but didn't come?

For jollies, list of people with perfect or missing-one attendance (starting June). Are you on this list? Better work hard to stay there >=3

Aerowyn 4
Bernier 4
Bunny 4
Denilson 4
Donikka 4
Doucion 4
Kisuke 4
Muffet 4
Refried 4
Rule 4
Sheighlant 4
Slanter 4
Xexion 4
Alexjpchoi 3
Arabella 3
Choma 3
Giott 3
Lloydofpudding 3
Mcjr 3
Senmaru 3

Last edited by Kisuke on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated 06/14!)
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 am

Has been a great last few runs despite low currency drop and relatively low relic drops but overall great!

Spiritmage is my friend who is in Fellowship(the shell that was in the zone before us) so not sure why he would show up on your list lol.

although its good to see so many people showing up on a regular basis because our shell is awesome! but somtimes lacking attendance.

Those people who do attend runs are the ones i look forward to rewarding with reserved gear.
Back to top Go down
Slanter

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Just something I thought of while reading this post. Some people may miss runs due to the fact they dont have access to the given area. Not sure how you wanted to handle that but just wanted to point it out.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 pm

It's a sticky wicket. I've been in that situation before and we have a couple of good, fairly reliable members that just don't have full access. If the powers that be decide they should get credit for visiting the shell (even though they could not help with the run), it should work out because parser should record the name of everyone who speaks. I know that doesn't catch some people (last night Deeper was listening in but didn't say anything because s/he didn't have access) but it should get most of us.

Of course, right now it's an academic argument because attendance doesn't count for anything, but it's something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am

I take notice to the people who come and while thereis no visible influence of attendance I do help you guys out. Last run I asked the new person to pass whm body for Lloyd. This was both good and bad for me to do.
Back to top Go down
Lloydofpudding

Lloydofpudding

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 am

the only reason I didn't show to valk was because I was too busy vomiting to attend. >.>

And thanks rule for doing that. At first I was upset because she just joined the shell and got high lot when I've been here almost every run I can go to and didn't get it.

Also there should be some kind of attendance reward for staying after megaboss. A lot of people leave as soon as boss is dead.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:10 am

If we move to a real attendance/point system, I agree we'll need a way to deal with partial- or excused- attendance. Of course, it's not really fair to reward someone equally who excuses themselves regularly even if it is for legitimate reasons. No idea how most shells deal with that.

About the MB not sure. Generally I completely agree with you, but this shell's particularly late timeslot makes it pretty late for us east coasters, especially if we get a late start. I wish more people stayed on, but I wouldn't ask someone to get a particularly small amount of sleep before work. Of course having less competiton is a bit of its own reward, but if we do anything extrinsic I'd reward those who stay more rather than penalize people who leave.

Again, moot point for a /seacom shell, we'll have to bring it up again if we established a codified attendance/point/reserve system.
Back to top Go down
Cutestuffies

Cutestuffies

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 pm

You could always have something like attendance count for highly contested items such as valor , red mage stuffs (i'm not sure of the name) and maybe sam gear? Other stuff maybe can be on a non point system, not sure. I'll think about this some more and help out. Thinking of this stuff gives me a rest from science.

PS. 16 days! I'm so excited I can cry. (or most likely vomit from anxiety) either way woot!

Miss you guys a lot! more than you know Smile

Oh and yay for Bernier staying alive for a whole run, Bunny made me so happy when she told me that. He's my adopted galka and he doesn't know it!

Basketball

OH~ You could also give one point per hour that someone is there, so for the 3 hour runs , if you're only there for 2 hours you get 2 points, 3 hours you get 3 points, could do it that way.

Ok back to science!

Here's a little gift <3

Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:45 pm

My girlfriend loves that song lol
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

Updated 06/14. Stat of the moment? 25. That's the number of members we have had show up to more than one run starting in June. Considering we've run some zones that require access unlocks, that's not so bad!
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Updated. Changed sorting scheme to list those who attended most runs first. 22 players who have showed up more than half of the time, not bad - but I know we can get that number up =)

Also, OMG job changes. More like "entire way the game is played" changes! =D
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Gogo phalanx. Willmake it easier for bunny
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Updated 06/20. We're up to 89 unique names which makes for a really long list. To counteract this, I'm only going to list members who have been with us for more than one run. After all, not really necessary to reward loyalty of members who have already left, right? Naturally all names are being kept on the original datasheet, and if those folks attend a second run they will be on the published list. Questions? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:29 pm

yeah this helps when we do CoP runs, so no asswipe tries to lot acc that isn't thiers!, keep it up ^^
Back to top Go down
Cutestuffies

Cutestuffies

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Did someone take something that isn't theirs? You need some more taru attitude then.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Rule
Admin

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:50 am

nope i just like to keep things fair
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Updated 06/27 with data from 06/23 run. Sorry Bunny and I had to cut out early, we had a funeral the following morning =(
Back to top Go down
Kisuke

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:56 am

Updated 06/28. Anyone know which group Akazukin was in? Parse shows they died at 12:40 and 2:06 so they must have been with us, yet chat shows they didn't show a word the entire run and their activity was limited to about 10 spells the entire time - a few cures and some paralyna. Also, no seacom noted, not even synth mats. Bizarro. Giving them credit for the run, but step it up, man!

Ohyeah, I was going to mention our numbers! We have had 8 runs so far (since recording in the month of June), with a core group of 18 players attending 75% or more of those. 38 players have thought we were cool enough to attend at least 2 runs. 61 players have come to only one run. For the month of June, we have seen 99 unique players pass through Dynastar. Not so bad - let's shoot for 100 unique accounts with a higher retention rate!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attendance test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attendance test   Attendance test Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attendance test
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
dynamis :: Dynamis :: General-
Jump to: